Monday, October 6, 2008

Does anything last.........

I'm working on some homework studying for a test and of course my mind wanders I hate studying.

Suddenly I start to wonder does anything really last? Think about it in elementary school you thought your best friends were going to be with you forever. Then, in high school the same thing after all you're more grown of course these people will be your friends forever at your wedding hell in your wedding!

Then college comes for some marriage and babies for other everyone moves away people grow apart people change suddenly you're rarely if ever talking out these people anymore.

Now you're in college a whole new crop of friends, loved ones, people you rely on to be therefor you and vice versa. So I start wondering is it all just same old same old...once we graduate and start our lives move away get married have families does it all end. Do we only get the occasional bulk guess who had another baby email?

Does any of it ever last the people we meet after college are those the people who will be with us forever or is it just one endless cycle of found and lost friendships and relationships.

And do I really want some of these relationships not continue I can't help but notice that none of my college friends know the real me all of me. One or two might know part of the real me glimpses of who I really am...but all of me not even close.

And I get the feeling most don't even care. So when do we get to meet the people who just let us be ourselves not who they expect us to be?

1 comment:

House Ragu said...

IMO the good ones are interspersed with the shortlived ones. You'll find one or two in grade school if you're lucky, another couple in high school if you're lucky, a small group in university if you're lucky, and then they trickle around in the rest of your life. You wait and see, I'm always right!